I am a Mom of two boys. Two wild, crazy, Evil Knievel boys. Over the years, I can not tell you how many people have asked me if we are going to try for a “girl.” Besides the fact that I cannot have anymore children, our family is complete. I am content with my “boys” and truly love every moment where they nearly cause me to have a heart attack, which is often!
Here are 10 reasons Why I Love Being a Mom of Boys
- They use my err…”feminine products” as swords.
- They stare at my feet and toe separators in sheer terror post-pedicure.
- In the rare event that I wear lipstick, and I do mean rare, they ask who colored on my lips.
- When I remove my box braids, they tell me that I look like a lion.
- They build me castles with their blocks, because I am the Queen Bee around these parts.
- They pout when I make them wear collared shirts, because somehow collared shirts equate to handsome and who wants that? Gross!
- When I straighten my hair, they ask what is that smell. Just burning hair baby, burning hair!
- When I don’t straighten my hair, they yell that there are bugs on the floor. Nope, those are just hair balls!
- When they want something, they kiss up to me and say I’m pretty.
- When they ask me to tickle them or hold them I happily oblige, because they sure can’t sit still for a hot minute.
The list could seriously go on and on, but these two little Tasmanian devils have stolen this “girls” heart forever.
Do you have a boy(s)? What are some things you love about being a boy mom?